Shared Web Hosting Packages Explanation
A shared web hosting service is connected with keeping and/or sharing particular content on a server run by a shared web hosting provider. There are various classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's survey them. In that way, you can elect what you want, based on whether you'd like to launch a site, mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and colleagues.
5 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
Unlimited websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution provided by particular vendors, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a register of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to wait for a given amount of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you own a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the help of the cPanel web hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud shared web hosting". This is a completely erroneous explanation of the real definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud shared web hosting environment would apportion the load between autonomous hosts of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving different shared web hosting services (electronic mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud shared web hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given vendors provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting variant is appropriate if you want to share a large quantity of pics with chums or partners since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service devoted to handling your email aliases. Some corporations offer shared web hosting services for web sites, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you wish to get a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the email shared web hosting service is what you require. You can open email box accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain name. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method in lieu of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video brings about a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your shared web hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many videos as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Shared web hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to keep a web site. To some degree, it incorporates all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can keep databases and e-mail accounts, upload video clips, etc. At Top Hosting Provider you can examine shared shared web hosting and dedicated server web hosting accounts that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions based on the sort of shared web hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared website hosting plan, a VPS web hosting or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared web hosting package may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific web content only.